Friday, July 25, 2008

31 weeks




Baby Shoe now weighs approximately 3.5 pounds (just imagine four naval oranges), measures just over 16 inches from head to heel, and is heading into a growth spurt. He or she is getting used to the world of light and dark by opening and closing its eyes. He/she can turn its head from side to side, and its arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath the skin. Also, his or her lungs are nearly mature. Its facial muscles continue to strengthen, and Baby Shoe can make different expressions.

We had a Dr. visit this week and Dr. Draughn said everything looks great. He pushed around on my stomach and told us that the baby's head is down. Matt tries to be very gentle when feeling the baby and thought it was so funny that Dr. Draughn just poked and mashed me like it was nothing. :)  Matt's glad there is plenty of padding in there! I can tell that the head is down now because I can feel two little feet poking my ribs all the time. So funny! We are now having Dr. visits every two weeks, which makes us realize even more how close we are to meeting Baby Shoe! Hard to believe!

We have been working on the nursery the last couple of weeks, so I wanted to give a quick update on our progress. Matt and Bubba painted the room and it is the cutest green! I'm not sure the photos do it justice, but it is a sweet "baby green" color. We got the crib and dresser moved in also. We absolutely love our furniture! It is an antique white finish and looks just perfect against the green walls. We are still waiting on the bedding (which will probably be another 3 or 4 weeks) and the rocking chair. I am also looking for a bookcase of some sort. We are so excited to see what the nursery will look like when we finally get all the pieces together.
Below are a few photos of our progress so far...



Oh boys...


I think Matt may have been a little too excited...or either the fumes were getting to him...

Lucy really wanted to be a part of all the fun, but we all know that would've been a bad idea.




0 comments: