Thursday, July 30, 2009

Update

Since I know many of you have been praying, I wanted to give a little update on my Grandad. Dondi made it through the 8 1/2 hour surgery on Tuesday and will be hospitalized for at least a week. The surgery was successful, so praise the Lord for that! Please continue to pray for his recovery over the next few weeks and months. Thanks for remembering us...

Funny story...Mema said that before he went in for surgery, all the nurses kept telling Dondi he did not look 73. So Mema said, "He went into surgery with an ego. " Ha!

We have continually been blessed over the past few days. Just to name a few...The prayer vigil held in Central Mexico at midnight before the procedure. The many praying throughout our country. The friends who have shown their support through calls, emails, and visits. The surgeon who stopped several times during the operation to pray. God has used so many others to bless us. He is good.

1 comments:

Melanie said...

Tell your "Dondi" that I have been thinking about him, and I am ready for he and Mrs.Ivey to get back so I can see them at Wal-Mart or Target. We always see each other there. Found you through Shane and Natatlie's blog.

So glad Mr. Ivey is doing well. I pray for a speedy recovery!!
Melanie Mitchell Rice