In a week and a couple of days, Matt and I will have a 2 year old.
Uh, what? It just doesn't seem right, but I'm afraid that it is.
Our dear baby has grown up right before our eyes. She is now a lively little girl who continues to brighten our days and fill our hearts. And we are loving each and every day!
And since this is Addy's last month post, I have to jot down a few things worth remembering about our girl at 23 months....
She is constantly telling us she wants to do things "like a big girl." For instance, when eating an ice cream cone: "I hold it like big gul." At breakfast when she wants juice in a regular cup: "I gink (aka drink) like big gul." And she is always quick to say, "Addy do it" when she feels the need to exhibit some independence. Why am I surprised? Okay, I'm not surprised.
She is my snuggly and cuddly girl.
Back to the imagination....She loves to pretend to be a baby and will tell me, "Mommy, Baby Addy cold. Covers please." Other times she'll want Matt or me to be the baby. She'll say, "Mommy tend be baby" or "Daddy cry". Ha! She is such a little Mama. The other day she wanted me to wrap her up in a blanket, so I kinda swaddled her arms and legs and loosely covered her head. When I finished, she said, "I baby Jesus." Ha! Oh that sweet, precious, funny soul.
I have without a doubt passed down my sweet tooth to this little lady. She was busy playing at Nino's the other day and got up, walked to the pantry and said, "I want candy." So Nino did the grandmotherly thing and gave her some "fruit snack candy." Then less than 10 minutes later, she looks at me and says, "I want milkshake." What?? And have I mentioned the time I picked her up out of her crib after naptime and she tells me, "I need cupcakes." What?? Again, I really shouldn't be surprised. I have some very similar thoughts pop into my head throughout my day as well. You do too, right? Please tell me I'm not alone!
Multiple times throughout the day, Addy will look at us with her hands folded and say, "Mama pray?" or "More pray?" So we pretty much pray any and everywhere. Driving down the road. While putting together a puzzle. And the average number of prayers during a meal is probably 3. And when we are reading books, she'll point and say, "Read Bible?" So we read a few stories in her Bible. Then I hear her sweet little voice...."More Bible?" It's just impossible to say no to something so precious!
One morning last week Addy slept until 9:45. Nine forty five! She's always been a good sleeper, but this was a gift! Thank goodness we had nowhere to be and it was on Matt's day off, too. Which means we all got to sleep in! It was glorious.
Addy is having a cupcake birthday party and I'm getting soooo excited. Nothing big, just family and a couple of friends. We decided on cupcakes in part because the Mama of the birthday girl loves, loves, loves them, plus I found the cutest cupcake dress a couple months ago, plus Addy loves cupcakes. And that's really what counts, right? A couple weeks ago, I asked Addy what she wanted for her birthday (keep in mind, she has no idea what her birthday is. That was probably the first time she heard us mention it) and she thought for a second and replied, "Cupcakes." Ha! So I guess it is meant to be :)
So we are just loving this age! Addy is just so funny. Not to mention that it's awesome to see her discover, learn, create, and grow with each day. And we can have a conversation, people! It's great! Of course, there are constant challenges and times when things are not pretty. We definitely have our moments. But it's all worthwhile when you get to have this tiny little person to live your life with. Our almost-2-year-old little girl makes life so sweet!





0 comments:
Post a Comment