Sunday, January 1, 2012

two christmas eves

Whoa, have I got some catching up to do! Here goes!

We did things a little differently this year. We celebrated Christmas early when Mema came to town, so that was our first Christmas Eve. We spent the day together with the whole family and it was fun and so special.

Milly Moo loved playing patty cake with Mema

Out to a nice Christmas Eve lunch at one of our faves....









of course Miss Milly is on the Nice List 






love my Mema 

princess Addy 


Mema gave Shane Dondi's pocket watch. She gave me Dondi's class ring. So special. (Luckily no one captured that moment on camera. Red puffy eyes aren't the most photogenic...Oh, how I miss him.)

(Doesn't Natalie make the prettiest frames? Love them)

My Papaw (the only Great Grandfather I ever knew) made these thread holders many years ago. I have several of his handmade pieces in my home and am so glad to add another. Precious man.



Christmas Eve Round Two....







Our second Christmas eve was spent at our home with our little family of four. It was so sweet and easy and fun. We opened gifts from our far away family, and then the girls each opened a gift from us. And we opened our last Advent book and also read The Tale of Three Trees, a tradition that my parents began many years ago.







so excited about her new pink scooter from Mommy and Daddy


And then we got the girls in their pretty jammies 
{both of which were mine. I wore the red gown my first Christmas at almost exactly the same age as Milly, and Mom made the white Noel gown for me. Vintage chic, right? :) }

leaving cookies for Santa



As you can see, they are both on the Nice List



our darling Christmas angels




0 comments: