
This week Baby Shoe weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He or she is rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and its skeleton is hardening. The bones in his/her skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him/her to fit through the birth canal. These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his or her brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood. Baby Shoe has been especially active this past week, moving around like crazy and causing my belly to do all sorts of funny things!
Our cute and comfy rocking chair/glider came in this week and it looks great in the nursery. We have both tested it out and think it will be perfect for all the late nights and early mornings to come. We also got the side table this week (so cute!), so the nursery is coming together. Below is a picture of Matt trying out the new chair:
Matt and I signed up for a weekend Childbirth Education Class at our hospital and just got done with day one. We still have one more day to go, but already feel more prepared. At the beginning of class, our instructor, Geri, took a poll of how many couples are having boys or girls. There were a total of 5 couples who are not finding out, which apparently is a record high for all Geri's classes. New trend, maybe? :) Geri has been a labor and delivery nurse for 30 years and is super knowledgeable and informative. She is really funny and shared with us a few "interesting" comments she's overheard throughout the years. The following are a few examples of things Dads should NOT say to their wives while in labor...
- I've seen puppies born hundreds of times.
- I'm getting worn out, I might take a nap.
- My ex-wife didn't take this long!
- That contraction didn't look too bad. (while looking at the monitor)
- Ugh! That looks gross!
- Where's the remote? She's too busy to change the channel.





2 comments:
I LOVE the examples of things that dads should NOT say!! I would also add to that..
-Do not watch an all day marathon of Dirty Jobs...esp when it deals with artifically inseminating horses and pigs! GROSS! Can't wait to hear about yall's class!
Hey Jenny!! I just found your blog and enjoyed catching up on how the Shoemaker clan is doing!! I hope all is going well for yall!! It looks like it is!! Blessings during the last couple of months of your pregnancy and when the baby comes as well!! Holly Packer
Post a Comment