Friday, August 22, 2008

35 weeks!






Let the countdown begin! Only about 5 weeks to go! Baby Shoe doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he or she is over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). He or she will continue to gain about half a pound per week until delivery. His or her kidneys are fully developed now, and its liver can process some waste products. Stem cells in the bone marrow continue to produce red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets to maintain a healthy immune system. Most of its basic physical development is now complete — Baby Shoe will spend the next few weeks putting on weight. Which is a good thing because everyone loves a little baby fat!

Happy Birthday to Mom! We celebrated Mom's birthday on Thursday with a wonderful dinner at the Yellow Porch. So yum! We had great food and lots of fun. As Matt and I were driving home, I realized I completely forgot to take pictures (which really bummed me out). But we had a fabulous time anyway. Happy Birthday, Mom! We love you!

0 comments: